Wednesday, April 14, 2010

And we're back!

After a great week in Florida we are in week two of our return and having no TV has never been sweeter. I have been able to run, read, sleep, play with Becks, talk to Erika, clean, cook, etc., without worrying about the TV schedule. Even with DVR, TV has a propensity to schedule our evening time for us. And what about life without Anthony Bourdain and House Hunters International? Not bad - really. I watched some AB in Florida and it was fun, but I don't miss it at all. I have caught a few baseball games on my neighbor's deck and that has helped, but in reality, I don't need even that.

And playing more with Becks is great. We read 5-10 books per night and his ability to read his favorites back to me is astounding! I think this year will be memorable not for lack of TV, but for the vivid memories we have of our son as a toddler.

Maybe the TV should stay off? We'll see how I feel in the dead of winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment