Friday, March 12, 2010

Runnin' Rod

Erika here.

Some quick notes...
- It's only been one week. It feels like much longer than that.
- I truly felt withdrawal yesterday. I found myself sitting on the couch just plain bored. I didn't want to read, Beckett was busy playing and I settled into some major ennui. So, I cleaned... yeah me.
- Beckett has taken to telling anyone he can that he doesn't have tv. For example, on the phone with his cousin, Charlie this morning: Charlie - "What are you doing, Beckett?" Beckett - "Not watching tv." Yesterday, I heard him telling the dog, "My mad, Wrigley. No show. No tv."
- On the upside, Beckett has begun playing out scenarios from the books he's been reading instead of tv shows or movies. Of course, the scene he is reenacting is from the trippy and slightly alarming book, "In the Night Kitchen" by Maurice Sendak. Beckett pretends he is cooking a "Mickey cake" which in the book is a cake with a little boy named Mickey inside it. (Don't worry. Mickey does eventually get out of the cake only to swim naked in a large bottle of milk.)
- Becks also asked to go to the library this week to just get books. In the past, the library was a place to first get movies and secondly to get books.

And the best news of the day...

- After having an amazing lunch with my good friend, Mary, today, I drove past Rod Blagojevich running down the street. He looked at me, I stared at his hair (which was amazingly floppy and not as stiff as you would think). Oh... darn. Now I am thinking about how I am going to miss him on Celebrity Apprentice. Add that to my list of grievances against you, Rod.

No comments:

Post a Comment