Saturday, March 20, 2010

Wild Party!!!

By Wild, I mean my parents came over for dinner and then our friend Anne stopped by for a bit. I have been sick for the past few days and Erika has been a solo Mom for most of that time, so neither of us were looking for an event. We laughed half-way through the night when we realized that we were watching the TV as it changed songs (via Pandora on the Blu-Ray). It was sad to be drawn in by the box but funny that something as simple as an album cover and a song timer could be captivating. In the end, the TV's screen saver saved the day and we were right back to talking.

As I mentioned last week, the TV is fast losing its grip on our family. Beckett is captivated by puzzles and books. Erika and I have been reading, TALKING, and listening to a lot of great music. The experiment is working and I couldn't be happier with the result. I will let Erika speak for herself. I know we are going to sleep quite a bit earlier than before, but watching House Hunters International until 11:00 doesn't really count as quality time.

Here is a pic of Becks current favorite dinosaur puzzle.



And into today - probably not as fun as last weekend's Field Museum visit, but we will stay warm while one of the season's last winter storms blows through Chicago. We will prepare for our upcoming trip to Florida and I will lament my inability to watch March Madness.

But I did do a bracket, more out of habit than anything else. I picked Murray State and Cornell, along with a few other upsets, so I am looking pretty good two days in. I am sure that will be a different story a week from now.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment